CEA Now Offering Commercial Waste Cooking Oil Collections For Vancouver Island
Duncan BC, July 11, 2016
Cowichan Energy Alternatives is now collecting waste cooking oil from restaurants in the Cowichan Valley, Greater Victoria, Nanaimo and Tofino areas! Now it is even easier to help contribute to a greener Vancouver Island!!
Who Qualifies for This Service?
- Any restaurant that uses straight vegetable oil, containing no chemical contaminants or animal fats (tallow)
How Much Does This Service Cost?
How Does it Work?
- We install a lockable oil collections bin in an accessible spot behind your restaurant
- Fill up the bin with your used vegetable oil
- We pick up the oil on a monthly, or bi-weekly basis
- You contribute to a greener, more beautiful British Columbia!
Where Does the Oil Go?
- The oil is taken to the Cowichan Biofuel Facility in Duncan, where it is then made into biodiesel, which can be used in most diesel engines.
How to Get Involved
- Contact our Duncan office toll free at 1-855-473-2739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up today!